Thursday, October 10, 2013

10/10/2013-Joshua's update

Joshua has been doing very well. About two days before school started, which was August 17th 2013 he was laughing and pushing himself up. I was laughing too. The kids were all there watching him. He was so determined to get up. He pushed himself up so hard that he sat up for a couple of seconds and fell down. Luckily I was right behind him. I couldn't record it though. I was proud of him that I cried almost all day.

His genetics counselor Troy called a couple of weeks ago telling me that the Mitochondria 2nd test came back with something about the aptx gene. So they decided to take a gene testing. It has come back already but have to wait until the genetics counselor to come back from vacation to get called. So we are getting somewhere. I can't wait until next week. So I will be discharging him from the shands genetics Dr. Williams. Since he wasn't really doing anything.

He is doing very well in school. He is in Marion Oaks Elementary School. He has his therapies too. He is doing a whole lot more here then he was at Ppec. They have told me well if it doesn't work out in school make sure you bring him back. Hell no I'm not. They don't do nothing for him. They don't want him to progress. Well he is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment